Followers

01 February 2011

My love is like a red, red rose.....poem for inspiration.

For all those romantics out there I (Claire)
decided to go for some Scottish love poetry as the
inspiration this week for our
Crafty Creations Challenge.

A Red, Red Rose

Oh my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
Oh my luve is like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!

Robert Burns

And I think the Dt have as always come up trumps!

Shelly

Bernie

Jenni

Melissa

Claire



 this weeks lucky winner will recieve
some lovely Prima Roses -
Roses of Spain Anais
and other surprise flowers.......


Please link your creations below and if
you are on SplitCoast use CCCW104 in the keywords. Thanks!




12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous DT makes and great challenge! Thank-you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful poem, and a fun challenge..
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that poem. The DT have captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! The DT have done another awesome job! Love this poem!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely DT cards and great inspiration for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing. I just learned how to make paper roses. Love this challenge (and the source of inspiration too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely challenge and great work by the DT.
    Cheers, Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I found you! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never made my own rose before...great challenge! And the poetic inspiration was much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful challenge ladies. Wow, so glad to make it before this one closes. :)Peggyxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great DT cards, thanks for the challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete