Followers

19 October 2011

A Christmas Birthday Challenge #140

There are so many people that have birthdays on Christmas day or very near the holiday, my son being one of them born December 22nd.  It was a good-bad thing for him as a child (he will be 41 this year), he got to open presents on December 22nd for his birthday and then again 3 days later for Christmas, but it also makes it all muddle into one for a child.  So lets make that extra very special birthday card for someone who has a Christmas birthday, use digis, die cuts, stamps the choice is yours.

Our sponsor this week is 
Paper and Such
Julie at Paper and Such is offering a $10 gift certificate, and she carries all kinds of scrapbooking supplies.

One of these reasons I came up with this challenge idea was (besides my son's birthday) a friend of ours knows I make cards and asked me to make a card for his uncle that will turn 91 on Christmas day.  Since this is such a milestone birthday I wanted to make something special so this is what I came up with.  Sorry it takes more than 1 picture to show it.
Here is the birthday part

And the Christmas part opens in the back
More details on my blog

Now let's see what our awesome design team has come up with.





So come get a head start, I know it is a couple months away but let's get those Christmas birthday cards made.  And remember you could win that $10 gift certificate from Paper and Such.




5 comments:

  1. Very nice theme - my grandma had her birthday on dec. 25th..it was not so nice for her...her hole life...
    But she died 3 1/2 years ago...now we have no one who celebrates his birthday in december...

    CU next time.

    HUgs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one girls.
    I will be 51 on Christmas Day, and my Nana will be 95. I know you might not believe me but my dad's mum (who dies 11 years ago) she was born on Christmas Day too!!!!
    So that was me and my two Nana's!!

    I know it's weird isn't it, we even had our photo taken by the local paper in 1960. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Oct 09:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge! Love the DT inspiration!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter's birthday is Dec. 27 so I made a Christmas Poinsettia Birthday card. Birthday sentiment is on inside of card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete